Sunday, July 10, 2011

Raw food restaurant

We used a Groupon last night for a raw food restaurant here in OKC. Here are some photos. The name of the restaurant is Matthew Kenney OKC. Everything is raw (I think not cooked above 118 deg F if I remember correctly), and organic if possible. Here one of his cook books.

Our appetizer was an avocado dragon roll. It was delicious. I'm not sure what all was in it, but one big difference was instead of rice, they used jicama. Amazing how good it was - much better than many sushi rolls I've had.


I had a Thai Chile Smoothie. This was really good, and different than any other green smoothie that I've had. I believe it had mango, lemon grass, Thai chile, young coconut, and spirulina in it (and some other things I don't remember).

At the bottom of my glass there was some "balls" of something and I'm pretty sure it was mango. Sam had a cacao smoothie and she had some un-blended food in the bottom of hers, too (frozen banana we think). Anyway, we noticed they were using Blendtec blenders. Just saying.


This was Sam's main dish, some kind of a tomato corn ravioli.
I had a thai noodle dish for my entre. The noodles were kelp, and are not boiled. This dish was full of delicious flavor.

3 comments:

  1. I just tried to remake the cacao smoothie I had last night, and I think I did it! All I did was one frozen banana, 1 tsp. of cacao powder, milk, and a few sprinkles of cayenne pepper. It's the cayenne pepper that really makes this great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Awesome! You guys are so lucky to have this place to dine! We have Ani's Raw Food Essentials cookbook. I really like it. I have learned a lot reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome. I don't think we have any of these in KC.

    ReplyDelete